Thursday, May 3, 2007

It's like a line of dominoes

Oh man. This is just too good. So, my soon to be old job and me are essentially calling it quits, which is a good thing. I was basically asked to agree to a mutual dissolvement of employment. And I did. Kinda like Colin Powell turning in his letter of resignation, because he serves at the pleasure of the President. So I guess technically I'm not really being "terminated".

Whatever. I still feel like I escaped The Rock.
So get this. Oh man, this is just so good. First, I'm thinking that everyone in my group is just sailing merrily along and then someone who heads a major 2-year over-budgeted quagmired project leaves the group...red flag I says to myself...then yesterday's email announces "staffing changes" and I find out that my officemate is leaving - in the same month! He's been miserable as well! HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHA!!

WAIT!

It gets better! I'm talking to another group member, who, at this point lets the cat out of the bag (because when you're leaving it doesn't really matter what you say as long as you don't burn any bridges you need to maintain) and tells me that she's leaving. She mentioned that she didn't feel supported by her boss (my supervisor) and didn't like the way the group was managed. She wasn't alone in feeling that way. I'm thinking that someone may show up on Rate Your Boss.

4 people are leaving the group in the space of a month. Damn. I guess it wasn't just me. Others found their job to be not what was advertised, and didn't like the group going in a direction that wasn't expected or desired. I'm smiling so hard right now. I feel vindicated and liberated. This was the best thing that could've happened. I was feeling like Mugatu and thinking that I was taking crazy pills, but really there was a deep bone cancer-like sickness that permeated the group dynamic making people unhappy members of a dying enclave.
Get the ejection handle, Goose! EJECT! EJECT!

No comments: