Thursday, December 7, 2006

Too Much Information

So, yet again I didn't deliver on the daily post, and you know what - I'm okay with it. I recently came down with some kind of wicked chest cold that sounds like ripping partially dried epoxy off a greasy, unshaven, obese throat. Yeah, wicked, or as my cousin Drew would say 'bitchin' - he seems to think he's brought back bitchin'. Anyway, I took a day or two off to drink copious amounts of tea and eat soup, and now it only sounds like I'm jamming a putty knife into a dead cat's face when I cough.

Ahem...

So, anyway it turns out that John Stewart and Steven Colbert are running for office in '08. How awesome is that. Show your support.



In a related note, I just think it's awesome that there's so much non-partisan froth frothing about that I'm all a-froth with strong Democratic (in a non-partisan sense, of course) feeling. I'm coming from straight from the gut. Do you know that you have more nerve endings in your gut than in your head? Don't look it up in a book - check your gut and see what it tells you.

On that note, the gift to get this year is the scrolling LED belt buckle. Read it, learn it, live it.
Oh yeah, and peep the Akon "Smack That" video. It smacks of a certain Nick Nolte/Eddie Murphy vehicle that launched the buddy movie syndrome. Relish the polished lyrics:

I feel you creepin', I can see you from my shadow.
Wanna jump up in my Lamborghini Gallardo.
Maybe go to my place and just kick it, like Taebo.
And possibly bend you over.
Look back and watch me smack that,
all on the floor, smack that,
give me some more, smack that,
'till you get sore

Who says today's music has nothing to offer? I contend that Akon will be doing buddy movies with Pearl Jam in 5 years, if not sooner.

No comments: