Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Waiting Room

Not unlike the Fugazi song, I'm in the waiting room right now at Stanford's Radiation Treatment center. I'm actually more in an alcove, as I've already changed into the gown and am waiting for a machine.

They have a bunch of different machines down here. There's so much radiation in here. I can only imagine the lead content in the walls designed to shield non-treatment areas, like the nurses station. The doors to the treatment rooms are about 6 inches thick of solid lead. They remind me of the giant door that Kevin Flynn and son hack open in the Tron films.

It's amazing how many people are here. There's so much cancer! Why the fuck is there so much cancer? I'm doing my best to eat the "right" foods these days, as eating is one of the few things I can control. It boggles my mind they quality of food we put in our bodies over the course of our lives. I passed by a Chick-Fil-A that's opened up in my area and was shocked to see the interior eating section crammed with people and the drive-in had a line out to the street. All I could think of was colon cancer.

Ok. Time to get zapped.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Jeremy:

This is Dennis Liao from eBay. We had a lot of fun there. I just found out about this and I am devastated. Shoot me an email: dennis.liao@gmail.com

Jromi said...

Dennis! Great to hear from you - consider email shot!